2022 Charity Golf Tournament
The Annual Golf Classic, presented by Baldwin County Sewer Service, is the Coalition’s largest fundraising event. One of Baldwin County’s premiere tournaments, players enjoy complimentary lunch, dinner, beverages, and exceptional prizes. Baldwin County Sewer Service began the tournament in 2013 and selected the Coalition as their beneficiary as proceeds are used to serve the entire county. The Baldwin County Education Coalition mobilizes resources (financial, volunteer, and in-kind services) to meet the needs of our public schools. The county’s six education foundations provide programs and services to the schools in their local communities, while the Coalition focuses on On September 8, 2022 the Coalition will celebrate 10 years of fundraising through the Annual Golf Classic! Over the last 9 years, the event has provided $236,315.00 to support education in Baldwin County Public Schools.
Thanks to the support of our partners, the Baldwin County Education Coalition has been able to make a big impact on education in our communities over the last 10 years through:
- Hosting the Annual Gulf Regional Innovative Teaching Conference (GRITC) Advocating for education funding in Baldwin County and in Montgomery
Facilitating the Community Advisory Task Force for community input for Baldwin County Public Schools
- Coordinating the ACT Work Ready Communities in Baldwin County
- Facilitating grant funding for Guided Reading Short
Reads, Teacher Professional Development, and to grow literacy-building classroom libraries in every elementary school in Baldwin County
- Hosting the Annual Teacher of the Year Banquet to recognize every school’s Teacher of the Year
- Coordinating Baldwin County Public Schools
- Strategic Plan steering committee sessions
- Launching the Faith Based Initiative – an effort to connect churches with the schools in their local communities
- Launching Palm Project– an initiative to provide tangible resources to students in Baldwin County to reduce barriers to learning, enhance academic achievement and support social-emotional development.