2018 Charity Golf Tournament
Baldwin County Sewer is asking for support of the Sixth Annual Baldwin County Education Coalition Golf Classic, which we host every year. The tournament, referred to by experienced golfers as one of the best in the county, is scheduled for September 13, 2018, at Rock Creek Golf Club in Fairhope.
The most fundamental resource for building a strong local economy is the presence of a highly qualified workforce that can attract new industry and sustain existing business. As a Coalition of seven education enrichment foundations, we recognize education as the single best investment for economic prosperity.
The Coalition’s core business is to mobilize resources (financial, volunteer and in-kind services) to meet the needs of our schools. Over the years and with your support, our work is making a difference. Some of the highlights include:
- Host Annual Gulf Regional Innovative Teaching Conference – Over 900 educators receive innovative professional development at the weeklong conference.
- Host Annual Teacher of the Year Banquet – recognize each school’s (48) outstanding educator.
- Program grants and countywide funding initiatives to support best practices – $160,000 for Guided Reading, $75,000 for The Leader In Me.
- Inform, engage and connect citizens to our public schools – 10 community meetings, Strategic Plan Steering Committee, Literacy Summit, Baldwin Partners in Education.
- Advocate with a collective voice on issues concerning our public schools at the county and state levels – six referendums in nine years to stabilize funding for Baldwin Schools.
As a rapid growing school system with limited district funds, the Baldwin County Education Coalition needs outside support through community partners to meet the needs of our schools and secure our place at the top for student achievement. We hope you will join our efforts and partner with us in creating quality schools for the children of Baldwin County!
You can also contact Jenny to discuss your involvement at Baldwin County Sewer Service at (251) 971-1516 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more information, results and photos from the Fifth Annual Baldwin County Education Coalition Golf Classic in 2017.